LISTEN TO POD CAST HERE
WE NEED BETTER GOVERNMENT, NOT MORE GOVERNMENT
9/11 Commission pointed to a “FAILURE OF IMAGINATION” in the intelligence community as one of the reasons that our government was not able to detect and prevent the 9/11/2001 attack on the US.
Unfortunately, this” FAILURE OF IMAGINATION” is not restricted to national security. Rather it is the most consistent characteristic of our government at the federal, state, and local levels.
- It is a FAILURE OF IMAGINATION to believe that the US can continue to be the largest ECONOMY in the world without a strong manufacturing sector.
- It is a FAILURE OF IMAGINATION to separate TRANSPORTATION POLICY from ENERGY POLICY
- It is a FAILURE OF IMAGINATION to expect a 19th Century EDUCATION System to meet the educational needs of 21st Century American children
- It is a FAILURE OF IMAGINATION to believe that raising taxes directly or indirectly can BALANCE THE BUDGET without spending cuts
- But the largest FAILURE OF IMAGINATION has been ours, yours and mine. We have forgotten that we are the government as well as the governed. We have accepted the politicians campaign promises and then failed to hold them accountable!!!
- Our FAILURE OF IMAGINATION led to an unholy alliance of PROESSIONAL BUREAUCRATS and PROFESSIONAL POLITICANS. All of their IMAGINATION is focused on one thing. SAVING THEIR OWN JOBS, their own luxurious benefits, and their generous, tax-payer funded retirement benefits!!!
- Joe Scarborough, a former House Member from Florida and current MSNBC commentator recently summarized this condition as the “total corruption of Congress”
- I’ve given up on BOTH political parties
IT IS UP TO US, Small and Medium Business, THE ENGINE OF ECONOMIC GROWTH TO GET INFORMED, GET ENGAGED, and HOLD POLICITICIANS AND BUREAUCRATS, alike, ACCOUNTABLE.
REIMAGINEAMERICA is a FORUM where ENTREPENEURS can GET INFORMED and GET ENGAGED.
LETS WORK TOGETHER TO RECAPTURE AND EXPAND THE AMERICAN DREAM.
THIS IS A POLITICAL RHETORIC FREE ZONE
ALL IDEAS ARE WELCOME BUT TALKING POINTS ARE BANNED