[av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background_color=” src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_display=”]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”]
It’s been quite a week since Craig Roberts and I debated the questions
• Can this (the chaotic Trump Administration) continue for more 3 1/3 more years
• What do we do now?
Monday revealed that the Friday night rumors of impending indictments from Special Counsel Robert Mueller were more than rumors
• Paul Manafort – former Trump Campaign Chairman faces a twelve count indictment that ranges from charges that ranged from money laundering and tax evasion to the interestingly vague “conspiracy against the United States”
• Rick Gates – Manafort’s partner and someone who continued with the Trump campaign and the into the Trump White House on similar charges
• And revealed a guilty plea by George Papadopoulos — a young energy consultant who was acting as a foreign policy expert to the campaign
o We can only wonder what Mr. Papadopoulos did for the Special Counsel to get a potential 20 year sentence whittled down to what is thought to be a promise of less than 6 months – potentially just probation
• Tony Podesta – the brother of Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, John Podesta, resigns from his own lobbying/political consulting firm (one of the top 10 in the country) after revelations that he worked with Manafort on behalf of the previous (pro-Russian) Ukrainian government
o Podesta is said to be a subject of the Mueller investigation
I couldn’t help myself. I had to refresh my memory about the Watergate Investigation. There are differences but there are great similarities.
Again there is a special prosecutor who is working on the assumption that IT IS NOT THE ORIGINAL CRIME –IT’S THE COVER-UP THAT WILL ENSNARE THE PRESIDENT.
In the News This Week:
Terror in New York – On my goodness, this is happening again.
The GOP Tax Plan – President’s Branding = “Cut, Cut, Cut Tax Act” to which I would respond, the NO, NO WAY, IRRESPONSIBLE Tax Act.
Social Media on Capitol Hill – Did you notice that the hot shot young Silicon Valley gurus sent a bunch of old, white haired guys to defend them against the indefensible!
Time to Take a Breathe – the future of men in media and entertainment, is there one?